Frequently Asked Questions
- How does an actor audition on this website?
Most auditions are remote auditions on The Slate- meaning that you’ll typically receive an email request to audition. From there, you’ll have 3 days to turn in a self-tape before the audition expires. (Occasionally, a filmmaker may reach out to you to schedule a zoom audition on a particular date and time.)
- Can I audition for every single film?
No- only the films that offer roles that fit your demographics and your range as an actor. That said, we place a high premium on creating enough audition opportunities for actors belonging to all ages, genders, and ethnicities.
- If I upload an audition video, who has access to it?
All auditions at The Slate are password protected- meaning that the general public won’t have access to it. Only the folks (writer, director, producer) associated with the production.
- Who makes casting decisions at The Slate?
The writer and director of any given film always make casting decisions at the Slate.
- What benefits do actors receive for being in Slate productions?
Here at The Slate, we nearly put all of our operating expenses into:
- Hiring the right people to create our films
- Promoting our films
- Creating a larger experience for our members, enabling them to a) audition for high-end narratives, while b) receiving uber-practical career-lessons that pertain to succeeding in the TV/Film industry.
And then we take allocate a significant portion of our budget into providing an array of actor benefits which include:
- Empowering a writer’s room to craft stories (and lines) designed to spotlight actors and their performances
- Handling ALL PAPERWORK AND CORRESPONDENCES associated with providing actors IMDB credits at the conclusion of each production.
- Writing press releases for our productions and sending these releases out on the wire
- Creating press kits for flagship productions
- Providing free reel editing services for cast actors, and a pledge to always help members update their reel
- What benefits does The Slate offer writers and directors?
If you’re a writer or a director interested in working with the Slate, please contact us in order to:
- Apply to our Artist in Residence program- a program designed to fund one of your short films, while working alongside some of the TV/Film industry’s most talented artists.
- Receive valuable production and promotional resources through a career-changing script-to-screen program
If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.